This document describes the steps required by the customer, to add a single simple product to his store.
Simple Products are such products which has no variant options (size, shape, color, etc.) and are available in single mode. For example, products such as necklace, handbag, sun glasses, etc.
The intended audience of this document are the QeS customers.
- Must have registered yourself on Quick eSelling and created your own Store.
- Must have configured the Product Attributes, Categories, Badges, Brands and Manufacturers, Size Rate, Tax Rate, Product’s images, Customer Groups.
Adding a Single Simple Product
To add a single product, follow the below steps:
- Go to the My Products > Products menu to view the View Products page. This page displays all the products created with the product details.
- Among all the buttons displayed above the Product table, click the Add Single Product button to add a single product to your store.
Figure 1: My Products > Products > View Products window > Add Single Product button
- On clicking Add Single Product button, opens the Add Product window. To add a product, you need to configure/enter the details as appearing in various tabs such as Product Details, Product Description, Product Images, Product Attributes and Group Pricing.
Product Details tab
Figure 2: Product Details tab
- Product Type: Select the type of the product to be added from the drop down menu. There are three types of products supported by the system: Simple, Configurable and Custom. Here, selected as Simple.
- Product Name: Enter the name of the product.
- Product Slug: Enter the part of the URL that you want to be used as slug, the URL must be alpha numeric and 2 alpha numbers must be separated by a hyphen. For example: here, polarized-sunglasses.
- Product Price: Enter the price value of the product.
- Discounted Price: Enter the discounted price value of the product, if you are providing any discount on the product.
- Discount Date: Select the date range from the respective Start and End Date fields, in order to apply the discount rates to the selected product for that selected date range.
- Apply Tax: Select Yes from the drop down options, if you want to apply tax on the selected product. The default value is No.
Figure 3: Product Details (contd.)
- Tax Rate: Select the desired tax rate to be applied on the selected product, from the drop down option. (The drop down options will display the prior created tax rates).
- Product SKU: Enter the product’s unique SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), that is, product’s unique ID to identify the product. It can be either numeric or alpha numeric. It can be either numeric or alpha numeric. In case you don’t enter, it is system generated.
- Categories: Select the desired category under which the product to be included. You can select more than one category. Press Ctrl key to select multiple categories.
- Add Category: If required, you can also add a new category by clicking here. This will open Add Category window into another screen.
- Stock Quantity: Enter the quantity of the product’s stock available.
- Minimum Selling Quantity: Enter the minimum quantity of the product (number) that a customer can purchase.
- Maximum Selling Quantity: Enter the maximum quantity of the product (number) that a customer can purchase. It should less than the total stock quantity.
- Low Stock Quantity: Enter the product stock’s low quantity number available of your product. The system will notify you when your product’s stock quantity number in the store will reach to this ‘low stock quantity’. For example: if the Stock Quantity of a product is 100 and if the Low Stock Quantity is 10; then, when the product will reach to the number of ‘low stock quantity’, the system will notify the Sellers about it.
Note: This feature is currently not in use.
Figure 4: Product Details tab (contd.)
- Origin Country: Select the country of origin of the product from the drop down list.
- Restock Date: Select the product’s restock date, that is, when the product will be in-stock again.
- Expiration Date: Select the date when the product will be expired from the stock.
Note: The Low Stock Quantity, the Origin Country, the Restock Date and the Expiration Date features will be available only in the application version 3.0 or higher.
- Status: Select the Product’s status, i.e. Active or Inactive. If you want to get this newly added product displayed (or activate this product) on the web site page, then select Active.
- UPC Code: Enter the barcode of the product, if available.
Note: This field is optional, but if entered, it will be used when generating product export feeds for shopping comparison engines.
- Is Returnable?: Select the desired option (Yes or No), whether the product is returnable or not.
- Product Return Days: If the product is returnable (that is, selected Yes in above field), this entry field appears. Enter the number of days for which the product return will be possible. If you don’t enter any number of days, the default number of days of the store will be considered.
- Is Pick up only?: Select the desired option (Yes or No), whether pick up is available for the product or not.
Figure 5: Product Details (click Add button to save these details)
- Badges: Select the desired Badge, under which the product must be added either on the Webstore or App store; such as Best Selling, New, Test, Most Selling and Trending.
- Brand: Select the desired brand of the product, from the available options in the drop down list.
- Manufacture: Select the desired manufacturer of the product. The drop down list displays the manufacturers created in the system.
- Size Chart: Select the required Size Chart of the product from the drop down list, if applicable.
- Click Add button to add the above entered Product Details tab and move to the next tab.
Product Description tab
Figure 6: Product Description tab
- Short Description: Enter short description of the product in this paragraph box.
- Long Description: Enter long or detailed description of the product, in this paragraph box.
Figure 7: Product Description tab (contd.)
- SEO – Page Title: Enter the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Title preferred for this newly added product that can help the customers for better reach out.
- SEO – Page Keywords: Enter the various key words (comma separated) that can serve as SEO keywords for this newly added product on the site. For example, polarized sunglasses, sunglasses polarized, polarized glasses.
- SEO – Page Description: Enter the various descriptive key words or phrases (comma separated) that can serve as SEO for this newly added product’s description for better search.
Figure 8: Product Description tab (contd.)
- In Weight, Width, Height, Depth, Length, Dimensions and Cube fields, enter the respective units of the product, as applicable. You can select the Units /Dimensions from the Store Details screen (Welcome menu at the right top > Business Setup drop down option).
- Sort Order: Enter the order in which you want to display this newly added product on the store’s website page. For example, if you enter 1, then the newly added product will be shown first in the list. The higher the number, the product will be ordered at the bottom in the list.
Product Images tab
Figure 9: Product Images tab
- Product Main Image: Click the Browse button to browse the product’s main image and upload it.
- Add More Images: Click the Browse button to browse other thumbnail images for the product. Click Ctrl key to select multiple images at one time and the upload it.
- Upload Video: Click the Browse button to browse the product’s video (.mp4 file) and upload it.
- Click Upload Image button to upload the selected images.
Figure 10: After uploading images (clicking Upload Images button)
- Click the Save/Update button to save these files.
Product Attributes tab
The Product Attributes tab helps you to filter your product.
The values are reflected from those created in the Product Attributes page (My Products > Product Attributes menu).
- Select the product’s attributes and its respective variants as applicable.
Figure 11: Product Attributes tab
Group Pricing tab
- Select Group: This field displays the customer groups as created in the Customer Groups page (My Customers > Customer Groups menu). If you want to bifurcate this product among specific customers, then, select the desired Customer Group for this newly added product. On selection of type of Customer Group, this product will be visible to only those groups.
Figure 12: Group Pricing tab
- Click Update button to save the details.
- As soon as you click the Update button, this product with all its details is saved and it gets listed in the product list table on the View Products page, as shown below.
Figure 13: Product added and saved successfully