This document describes the steps required by the customer to add a single custom product to his store.
Custom products are those which have different variants (such as Size, Color, Material, Units, etc.), and you can customize them as per your requirement.
For example, products such as Pizzas with some additional preferences/requirements, specific customized cakes, customized sweets/dry fruits/chocolates hampers.
The intended audience of this document are the QeS customers.
- Must have registered yourself on Quick eSelling and created your own store.
- Must have configured the Product Attributes and its variants, Categories, Badges, Brands and Manufacturers, Size Rate, Tax Rate, Product’s images, Customer Groups.
Adding a Single Custom Product
To add a single ‘custom’ product, follow the below steps:
- Go to the My Products > Products menu to view the View Products This page displays all the products created with the product details.
- Among all the buttons displayed above the Product List table, click the Add Single Product button to add a single product to your store.
Figure 1 My Products > Products > View Products window > Add Single Product button
- On clicking Add Single Product button, opens the Add Product window. To add a product, you need to configure/enter the details in various tabs such as Product Details, Product Description, Product Images, Product Attributes and Group Pricing.
Product Details Tab:
Figure 2 Product Details tab
- Product Type: Select Custom as the type of the product.
- Product Name: Enter the name of the product.
- Product Slug: Enter the part of the URL that you want to be used as slug, the URL must be alpha numeric and 2 alpha numbers must be separated by a hyphen. For example, women-full-sleeves-tee-shirt.
- Product Price: Enter the main and actual product’s price.
- Discounted Price: Enter the discounted price value of the product, if you are providing any discount on the product.
- Discount Date: Select the date range from the respective Start and End Date fields, in order to apply the discount rates to the selected product for that selected date range.
- Apply Tax: Select Yes from the drop down options, if you want to apply tax on the selected product. The default value is No.
- Tax Rate: Select the desired tax rate to be applied on the selected product, from the drop down option. (The drop down options will display the prior created tax rates).
- Product SKU: Enter the product’s unique SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), that is, product’s unique ID to identify the product. It can be either numeric or alpha numeric. It can be either numeric or alpha numeric. In case you don’t enter, it is system generated.
Note: All entry fields under Product Details tab (Figure 3, Figure 4 and Figure 5) are same as that of Single Simple Product, except the Attributes section under this tab. The Attributes section (Figure 5, Figure 6 and Figure 7) appears only when you have selected the product type as Configurable and Custom.
See How To Add Single Simple Product for further details of all options/functionalities of Product Details tab.
Figure 3 Product Details tab (contd.)
Figure 4 Product Details (contd.)
Figure 5 Product Details (Selecting Attributes – here, Cake Toppings and Cake Shape)
Figure 6 Product Details tab > Attributes section > ‘Cake Toppings’ listed in tabular form
- Under the Attributes section, according to the product, you can select and use the Product’s attributes. (The attributes which are listed here are those created under Product Attributes menu option).
- From the left hand side of the Attributes section, select the name of the attribute from the available drop down list and then select its respective variant option from the Option list box on the right hand side. As shown in above figure, if more than one attribute selected, then the variant options will get displayed in separate tabular forms (here, Cake Toppings and Cake Shape attributes with its Price and Stock).
- You can select more than one variant options for the selected Attribute, as shown in Figure 5 and Figure 6.
Figure 7 Product Details tab > Attributes section > ‘Cake Shape’ also listed in tabular form
- Is Required: Select this check box if you want the Customer need to mandatory/compulsorily select any of these variant options (from those you have listed here) for the respective attribute, as shown in Figure 8. This means, the Customer will require to select at least one variant option on the web store for that attribute.
Figure 8 Product Details tab > Attributes section > Is required checkbox selected
- Is Multiple: Select this check box if you want the Customer to use more than one (multiple) different variant options. For example, here, multiple different toppings. See below image on CRM side settings and see Figure 24 for the web store page.
Figure 9 Product Details tab > Attributes Section > Is Multiple check box
- Custom Attribute ID: This column displays the system generated ID for the added custom attributes.
- Attribute: This column displays the attributes as added above.
- Price: Enter the price of the respective attribute.
- Stock: Enter the stock quantity of that particular attribute.
- Action: This column displays Edit, Delete and Active Click Edit button to edit the Price and Stock fields, as required. Click Delete button to delete any of the records/attributes. By default, the listed attributes are Active (that is, visible on the web store). Click Active button if you want to hide the respective attribute on web store.
- You can also add a new attribute from here, by clicking Add Attributes. This will open the secondary window of Add Attributes from which you can add a new attribute and its variant option, as shown in below figure.
Figure 10 Product Details tab > Add Attribute pop up window
- Click Add button (appearing at the end of the page) to add the above entered Product Details and move to the next tab.
Product Description Tab:
Figure 11 Product Description tab
Figure 12 Product Description tab (contd.)
Figure 13 Product Description tab (contd.)
- Click Update button to save the changes and move to the next tab.
Note: All the options/functionalities under Product Description tab are same as that of Simple product. See How To Add Single Simple Product document for more details.
Product Images Tab:
- Product Main Image: Click the Browse button to browse the product’s main image and upload it.
- Add More Images: Click the Browse button to browse other thumbnail images for the product. Click Ctrl key to select multiple images at one time and then upload it.
- Upload Video: Click the Browse button to browse the product’s video (.mp4 file) and upload it.
Figure 14 Product Images tab
Figure 15 Product Images tab (contd.) > Click ‘Browse’ to select the image of the respective variant option
- As shown in the above figure, the page lists all product images that you have uploaded.
- Delete: You can delete any of the product images by clicking the Delete button.
- Sort Order: Select the order in which you want to display this product image (below the main product image) on the store’s website page.
- Click Upload Images button every time you select/browse an image and want to upload it.
Note: Only after clicking ‘Upload Images’ button, the images will be uploaded and visible here.
- Click Update button to save the changes and move to the next tab.
Product Attributes Tab:
- The Product Attributes tab helps you to filter your product.
- The Product Attributes tab auto selects and displays the variants you have selected under the Attributes section of Product Details tab (Figure 17). Moreover, it also displays all the product attributes created/added from the Product Attributes page (My Products > Product Attributes menu).
Figure 16 Product Attributes tab
Figure 17 The variants (added from ‘Product Details’ page are auto selected)
Group Pricing Tab:
- This tab enables you to set different product pricing for different date range, to different customer groups. Hence, this will allow you to run more targeted marketing, sell products at different prices for different customers.
- Select Group: Select any one or more group from the drop down options and click the Add Pricing for the Group Hence this will add the selected product to the chosen group(s) and list down here, as shown in the below figure.
Figure 18 Group Pricing tab > Select a customer group
Figure 19 Group Pricing tab > selected ‘Customer Groups’ pricing gets listed out
- As shown in above figure, different product pricing can be set for different variants of the same product, of the same Customer Group.
Figure 20: Price varies for each variant options of the same Customer Group
- Click Delete button if you want to remove the entire group selection.
- Click Save to save all the above and previous details of this Custom type of product.
Thus, a Single Custom product is added and can be visible in the Product Listing table under View Products page of CRM, as shown below.
Figure 21 Single Custom product added successfully
On the Web store, the newly created product will get display immediately as per the configurations. Here, the newly created custom product (Eggless Chocolate Cake) can be seen under Today’s Deal (as mentioned on Product Details tab).
Figure 22 Web store page > Today’s Deal category > product highlighted
Figure 24 Product’s page (when ‘Is Required’ and ‘Is Multiple’ check boxes are ON for ‘Cake Toppings’ attribute) and only ‘Is Required’ check box is selected for ‘Cake Shape’
As shown in above figure, for Cake Toppings attribute, both Is Required and Is Mandatory check boxes are selected; whereas, for Cake Shape attribute, only Is Required check box is selected, hence, it appears as drop down list box.
Figure 25 Product’s page > When 2 or more toppings selected, the total cost also changes like that
Figure 26 Product page (other details as configured)