Importing Categories functionality enables you to make desired changes in the products or their categories in bulk.
To import a product category, follow the below steps:
- Go to the My Products > Product Categories and click the Import Categories button to view the Import Categories screen, as shown in below figure:
Figure 1: My Products > Product Categories > Import Categories
- If you are importing categories for the first time, go to the Download Sample and click the Xls Format link to download this sheet. This Xls sheet contains of sample format of the categories in which you need to make changes, as shown below:
Figure 2: Download Sample > Xls format > Upload Category Sheet
- Save this xls sheet at some location in your computer. If you want, you can rename the sheet.
- Make the required changes in this sheet as per the suggested format and save the file.
- Category_name: Enter the name of the category that you want to add.
- Category_id: Keep the value as 0, if you want the respective category as Main Category.
- Status: Keep the value as 1, to make this category as active.
Figure 3: Updated values in the sheet
- Now, click Browse button of the Upload File option and browse your computer to reach the above saved file.
- Click Upload button to upload this xls sheet and update the CRM with these changes (updated categories).
Figure 4: Browse the updated sheet
- The Import Categories screen will notify after the details are uploaded successfully, as shown in below figure.
Figure 5: Categories uploaded successfully notification
- These uploaded categories or any changes gets reflected in the CRM. To check the same, go to the Product Categories and scroll down to the end of the categories list. The newly uploaded categories will appear, as shown below:
Figure 6: Newly uploaded categories as 'Main Categories'
- If you want to add sub-categories to these Main Categories, click Edit icon of the desired Main Category under which you want to add its sub-category and note down its Category ID that appears in its web page.
Figure 7: Men's Wear Category ID
- Now, go to the Import Categories screen and repeat the same steps of first downloading the Xls sheet, saving it and making required changes in it before uploading, as shown in below figure.
Figure 8: Entered Category Names with their IDs (sub-category)
- After you upload this updated xls, the changes gets reflected in the CRM, as shown in below figure.
Figure 9: The sub-categories (Tee Shirts and Trousers) are created/imported under the Main Category (Men’s Wear)