Adding categories to your product helps you to group as well as search your products on the basis of category, and it also allows you to differentiate the types of products.
To add category to a product, follow the below steps:
- Log in to Quick eSelling Dashboard > go to My Products menu > click Product Categories sub-menu to view the Product Categories page, as shown below:
Figure 1: My Products > Product Categories > Product Categories window
- Click Add Category button to view the Add Category window and enter the category details of the product.
Figure 2: Add Category
Figure 3: Add Category (contd.)
- Category Name: Enter name of the product category as per your choice or requirement.
- Category Slug: Enter the part of the URL that you want to be used as slug, the URL must be alpha numeric and 2 alpha numbers must be separated by a hyphen.
- Category Icon: Browse and select any desired icon for this category. This icon will be displayed on the left side of the Category’s name in the QeS App version.
Figure 4: Category Icon
- Category Image: Browse and select your desired image for this category. It will be displayed below the main category banner and above the product sections in the QeS App version.
- Category Banner: Browse and select the file. Banners are the rectangular advertisement graphics that are displayed between two product sections in the Qes App version.
Figure 5: The highlighted portion between the two products is a Banner
Note: The Category Icon entry field is available for mobile application; whereas, the Category Image and Category Banner entry fields are for QeS webstore.
- Parent Category: Select the desired type of category (Main i.e. Parent or sub-category i.e. Child) from the drop down list. For example, select Main Category to make the newly added category as a Parent Category or scroll down the drop down list and select the desired type of category - if you want to add the newly added category as a Child (or sub-category).
- Description: Describe your category, if required. Enter the description in this box.
- Show in App Left Menu?: Select Yes if you want this newly added category to be displayed as menu item on the left hand side of the QeS App’s screen. By default, No is selected.
- SEO – Category Page Title: Enter the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Title preferred for this newly added category that can help the customers for better reach out.
- SEO – Category Page Keywords: Enter the various key words (comma separated) that can serve as SEO keywords for this newly added category’s page on the site.
- SEO – Category Page Description: Enter the various descriptive key words or phrases (comma separated) that can serve as SEO for this newly added category’s description for better search.
- Customer Groups: If you want to bifurcate the products among specific customers, then, select the desired Customer Group for this newly added category. On selection of type of Customer Group, this product category will be visible to only those groups.
- Include in Referral Coupon: Select Yes if you want to include this newly added category in the referral coupon, offered for your product.
- Customer Groups entry field is visible only in Edit mode, that is, Edit Category
- If you want to make the product’s Parent Category visible to a customer group; it’s mandatory to select that product’s sub-categories also for that customer group.
- Events: Select the required upcoming event for this product category from the drop down list, if you want to bind that event with this product category. This entry field is applicable for the QeS mobile application only.
- Category Theme: Select the desired theme from the drop down list that you want to be used for this product category. This entry field is applicable for the QeS mobile application only.
- Sort Order: Enter the order in which you want to display this newly added category on the website page. For example, if you enter 1, then the newly added category will be shown first in the list.
- Status: Select the Category’s status, i.e. Active or Inactive. If you want to get this newly added category displayed (or activate this category) on the web site page, then select Active.
- Click Save button to save the above entered details and to add this category on the web page.